UPDATE: 2011 – dLook have relaunched our reviews platform and now utilise our own legacy reviews database to ensure integrity and validity.
dLook®, has today announced the facility to rate and review every business listed on its directory, the first of the major Australian business directories to do so.
So as to bring users the most sophisticated and up to date rating system available, dLook chose a dynamic Australian internet start-up Rave About It to power the business reviews. Rave About It was developed by exceptionally talented software engineers and, like dLook, is 100% Australian owned and operated.
It made good sense to introduce this reviewing model to Australian businesses on a large scale – and with over 1.3 million businesses listed on the directory, we’ve certainly done that.
This announcement comes on the heels of recent additions to the directory – the inclusion of maps (provided by TerraPages, another Australian startup), more information pages for every listing, and dLook’s mobile search platform – dLook.mobi.
Coupled with existing features:-
- “QuoteMe!” quoting system (this is very popular) where a customer can select up to 10 businesses at a time to request a quote for a product or service,
- Discount coupons which are included in a monthly email
- Monthly payment option ($59.50) which can be cancelled by giving 30 days notice (annual fee is $599)
- Premium listings can have four categories, keywords, and national coverage (if applicable)
- Search which allows users to refine their search by kilometre radius from a postcode, 2, 5, 10km….. up to the whole nation.
- Smart keyword search that means if you search for “restrnt”, “plummer” or “doktor” you’ll get a result (new variations are continually added)
- Advertiser interface (via login) so they can manage their own listings, quote requests and coupons
…. makes dLook an extremely comprehensive business directory.
If you’ve got something to say about your favourite (or not so favourite) business, please visit dLook and leave a review.